“The School Safety and Discipline Report for the 2018-2019 Academic Session is now available for review on the Washington County Board of Education website, http://www.wcbek12.org. You may also contact Jeff Ford at 251.847.2401 ext. 126, or come by our office at 229 Granade Avenue to obtain a copy of the report.”
English Learners (EL)
Contact: Trina Moss
- To assist all limited-English proficient students in acquiring fluency in the English language skills of listening, speaking, reading, comprehending and writing
- To help limited-English proficient students to master academic content instruction at each grade level
- To provide limited-English proficient students with equal access to all school programs
- To provide quality professional development to teachers, administrators, and other school or community-based personnel
- To increase the English proficiency of limited-English proficient students by providing quality language instruction educational programs
- To increase the academic achievement of limited-English proficient students in the core academic subjects
- To improve the instruction of limited-English proficient students by providing quality professional development to teachers, administrators, and other school or community-based personnel
- To improve the coordination between elementary/secondary language instruction education programs and other relevant programs and services
The Child Internet Protection Act of 2000 requires local school boards receiving federal funds to hold a public discussion of the network security features that protects students from inappropriate behaviors and websites. The Washington County Board of Education will have an open discussion of our protection features at the regular Board meeting Tuesday, February 27, 2018 beginning at 10:00 AM...
In order to comply with the accountability law, we have to announce that all achievement data for Washington County Schools may be found at www.alsde.edu, under the Data Center, Assessment Reports.